Critical thinking has never been as important—and as useful—as it is now in our world of virtually limitless choice and overwhelming information. Strengthening the ability to independently evaluate and select among competing alternatives is the central focus of On-Demand Leadership’s Critical Thinking class. Critical thinking has long been an area of scholarly study and, more recently, social scientists have turned their attention to how people make good selections in an information rich, alternative-laden environment. This research forms the backbone of ODL’s critical thinking class. Among the topics discussed in the class are:
(1) When quick decisions will work, and when they often foreshadow trouble;
(2) Ways to avoid common critical thinking pitfalls and traps;
(3) When and how to limit choices most appropriately;
(4) Techniques for making big, important decisions like switching jobs, relocating, going back to school, and so on;
(5) Techniques for making smaller but more frequent decisions like deciding which work and social events to attend or decline, and choosing who to collaborate with at work.
ODL’s Critical Thinking class presents an in-depth look what works—and what doesn’t—when it comes to independently evaluating alternatives and making good assessments in a complicated, data-rich world.
What are the benefits of attending a Critical Thinking class?
- Critical thinking is an essential leadership skill in the information-rich digital age.
- The ability to independently assess alternatives is an indispensable asset in making good decisions.
- The person attending the training is worth investing in.
Who should attend a Critical Thinking class?
- Anyone who wants to improve his or her critical thinking skills.
- People who frequently make decisions at work.
- Anyone who would like to improve his or her ability to independently arrive at good decisions.
- Available in 2-day & 1-day small group workshop format.
- Half-day or full-day unlimited capacity format.
- Individual phone coaching also available.
Click for Pricing