Organizational disputes and interpersonal conflict can severely disrupt work effectiveness and divide people. While a few types of conflict can be helpful (like conflict that challenges a problematic status quo or disputes that produce an early warning that something is wrong), most organizational conflict is counterproductive and saps positive momentum. Conflict resolution requires careful attention and thoughtful leadership because the chance for destructive escalation is high. On-Demand Leadership’s Conflict Resolution course will provide the skills necessary to extract something constructive from conflicts whenever possible and help limit the damage when disputes escalate. Participants will learn how to move on after strenuous disagreements and they will learn multiple ways to keep conflict from tarnishing important work relationships. Organizational conflict is best resolved when leaders and followers are working hard to prevent it from happening in the first place.
Here is a selection of the information that is covered during the Conflict Resolution workshop:
- Conflict resolution strategies that work in almost all situations.
- Containing and de-escalating harmful interactions before permanent damage occurs.
- Redirecting conversations to root issues and away from tantalizing, but unhelpful, tangents.
- How to exit an escalated conversation without making things worse.
- Using breaks and temporary pauses to get conversations back on track.
- Techniques to repair frayed and damaged relationships following destructive conflict.
What are the benefits of attending a Conflict Resolution class?
- Destructive conflict can cause permanent damage to important work relationships.
- Because friction is endemic to human interaction, people need strategies to reduce conflict when it arises.
- Although not all organizational conflict is bad, far too much of it is and important work relationships need protection from the damaging consequences of disputes.
Who should attend a Conflict Resolution class?
- Virtually anyone who works in teams.
- People working in a contentious environment.
- Managers who believe that their teams are performing poorly due to infighting or team member disputes.
- Anyone who wants to learn skills to reduce conflict when dealing with others.
- Available in 2-day & 1-day small group workshop format.
- Half-day or full-day unlimited capacity format.
- Individual phone coaching also available.
Click for Pricing