Achieving your immediate goals is a cornerstone of effective leadership. And yet, there is a delicate balance between achieving your short-term goals and upsetting people in the long-term with aggressive tactics. For this reason, consensus building is an essential leadership competency. Sometimes, direct persuasion and forceful advocacy are the best ways to influence other people, and sometimes working from the inside out and forging an internal consensus will be your most effective route. On-Demand Leadership’s Building Consensus class will arm you with a range of tools to advancing your important ideas without arm-twisting that might come back to haunt you later.
What are the benefits of attending a Building Consensus class?
- Learn how to build influence from the inside out, through compromise, agreement, and consensus.
- Understand different techniques for building internal supporters and a small band of advocates who will advance ideas on your behalf.
- Building internal consensus almost always results in stronger, more effective teams.
Who should attend a Building Consensus class?
- Anyone managing a team, especially in a small group or in an ad hoc setting.
- People who are implementing an organizational change initiative.
- Anyone looking for usable tools to improve his or her influence and leadership effectiveness.
- Available in 2-day & 1-day small group workshop format.
- Half-day or full-day unlimited capacity format.
- Individual phone coaching also available.
Click for Pricing